Rules & regulations
The HyperDrive Cities Championship 2022 (hereinafter “the Championship”) is an online sim racing league organized by LM Konsultancy Pte Ltd (hereinafter “the Organizer”). The game title used in the Race shall be Assetto Corsa (PC Platform) and shall commence in September 2022.
The Championship comprises of One Main Category and is open to all drivers.
1. REGULATIONS, RESERVATIONS AND UNDERTAKINGS
- The final text of these Rules & Regulations shall be the English version, which shall be use should any dispute arises as to their interpretation.
- The Championship shall be run in accordance with all Rules & Regulations and Additional Supplementary Regulations (ASR) provided by the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to issue additional statements and Additional Supplementary Regulations from time to time. All such statements and ASRs shall be published on the official website of the Championship, or posted to the Official Discord Channel.
- The Organizer reserves the right to postpone or cancel any portion of the Championship, or make changes to the calendar, which includes tracks and cars.
- The Organizer reserves the right to evict any individual from the Championship for misbehavior at its discretion. This includes, and is not limited to, any discriminatory or offensive actions, words, comments or postings to other drivers or the Organizer.
- It is the driver’s obligation to ensure that he/she observe all the necessary requirements of the Championship, the Rules & Regulations and any ASRs issued from the Organizer.
- Decisions taken by the Organizer shall be final and not appealable. This includes incidents or situations that may not be covered by the Rules & Regulations or ASRs.
2. Specific Information
LM Konsultancy Pte Ltd
2 Kallang Ave, #06-01,
The official source of information for the Championship shall be found on the website XXX (hereinafter “the Website”) or the Official Discord Channel, where all Rules & Regulations, ASRs, Calendar, Registration and other relevant information shall be published.
3. Driver Categorization
- There will be no Driver Categorization in the Championship.
4. Entry Fees
- Entry Fee shall be set at SGD 50 and applicable only to those who qualify for the Final race.
- No refunds shall be made once payment has been made.
5. Internet Requirements
- The onus is on drivers to ensure a stable internet connection. LAN Cable is recommended.
- Participants are recommended to have a ping of less than 200ms.
- The Organizers shall not be responsible for any connection dropouts experienced by the drivers.
Qualifiers: September 15th 12.00pm SGT to September 18th 10.00pm SGT
Finals (22nd September 2022)
Timings are in SGT
8.00pm – 8.30pm: Practice
8.30pm – 8.45pm: Qualifying
8.45pm – 9.10pm: Race
7. Race Information
Race Car: Mclaren 720s GT3
Qualifiers (Fixed Setup)
- Circuit: Semanggi Interchange Street Circuit
- The Top 25 fastest drivers shall proceed to the Finals.
- Circuit: Orchard Road Street Circuit (Extended)
- The Finals shall consists of 1 x 30 minutes practice session, 1 x 15 minutes qualifying session and 1 x 25 minutes race.
- The final classification of each round shall in accordance to the drivers’ finishing positions in the Race.
- The prizes for the Championship are as indicated below:
- 1st Placing: SGD 3500
- 2nd Placing: SGD 2000
- 3rd Placing: SGD 1500
- 4th Placing: SGD 1000
- 5th Placing: SGD 750
- 6th Placing: SGD 500
- 7th Placing: SGD 300
- 8th Placing: SGD 200
- 9th Placing: SGD 150
- 10th Placing: SGD 100
- The Organizer shall reserve the right to amend the prizes given out at its discretion and without prior notice.
10. Driver Participation
- All drivers are required to use their real names during the Championship.
- All drivers are required to submit their SteamID.
- All drivers must agree with the Terms and Conditions of this regulation.
- All drivers are required to join the Championship’s Discord Channel.
11. Driver’s Consent
- Upon registration, the drivers shall give consent to Organizer to utilize any relevant personal information such as name, age, as well as personal images, videos, in-game footages, livery and content for the purpose of media releases, statements, articles, broadcasting, interviews and social media postings.
- All communication by the Organizer to the drivers shall be done via the Championship’s Discord Channel before, during and after the races. The link to the Discord Channel shall be sent to the Drivers via email. Drivers may contact the Organizer directly via the Discord Channel should they have any enquiries or protests.
- Drivers shall inform the Organizer immediately should they encounter any technical issues via the Discord Channel.
- Drivers shall use the Discord Channel to communicate with other Drivers and Stewards before, during and after the races and not in the server itself.
13. Cars Liveries
- Drivers are required to use the liveries provided by the Organizer due to sponsors obligations.
- Additional logos from the drivers shall not be allowed.
14. Sporting Conduct
- The Organizer seeks to practice and maintain the highest code of conduct in the Championship. The Organizer expects all members of the community including the drivers, officials and shout casters to conduct themselves in the same professional way as a race participant would at an event in the physical world.
- Drivers are expected to respect their rivals on track and any intentional collision with another driver(s) shall be subject to the application of penalties.
- Drivers shall avoid excessive weaving or blocking at all times during Qualifier and the Race. As a general rule of thumb, only one move is allowed by the driver defending his position.
- Drivers shall avoid crossing the white line on pit exit to avoid a collision from faster oncoming cars from the race track.
- Drivers that are lapped or are going to be lapped shall give way to the leaders and must not interfere in any way. Drivers are expected to respect the application of blue flags.
- Drivers are strongly encouraged to report misconduct, incidents and any other activity that is deemed unfair. Drivers shall provide the following to the Steward and Organizer via Discord in a timely manner:
- Video evidence
- Description of the incident with as much details as possible
- Drivers involved in the incident
- The lap or time when the incident happens
- Drivers are encouraged to save their race replays as evidence. Any protest without evidence shall not be entertained.
- Drivers may launch a protest by sending a personal message to the Steward and Organizer via Discord after the race with the required video evidence and details as highlighted in Point 15.1. Filing for protests closes 30 minutes after the chequered flag has been displayed.
- The Steward shall not entertain any protest submitted after the deadline.
- Outcome of the protests shall be made known together with the changes to the final round results, if any.
- The Steward’s decision shall be final.
- In-game penalties within Assetto Corsa will be applied.
- Penalties will not be applied to any driver(s) if the incident is not reported within the protest guidelines highlighted in Point 15.3.
- The Steward reserves the right to apply additional penalties on top of the in-game penalties within Assetto Corsa. These penalties may include time penalty, drive through, disqualifications etc.
- It is mandatory to attend the Drivers’ Briefing. Drivers failing to attend or arriving late shall be reported to the Steward for application of penalties.
- In-game chat window must be enabled for Organizers to provide information regarding the race.
- No in-game chat is permitted in all sessions. Any communication with the Organizer should be done via Discord.